We have all spent the last year, a year that has felt like a million years and only 30 minutes at the same time, navigating COVID-19. One of the COVID changes that occurred was the COR Audit process. The year 2020 brought us the documentation-only COR in Alberta. COR 2021 has given employers more options.
Here is the COR 2021 breakdown for Alberta:
Certification or Renewal Audit
Must be conducted by an External auditor.
One Year COR:
- This is a documentation only audit.
- A minimum of three months of health and safety documentation is required from the last 12-month period.
Three Year COR
- This audit includes documentation and interviews.
- A minimum of six months of health and safety documentation is required from the last 12-month period.
- Interviews will be conducted using web-based technology (Teams, Zoom, Skype etc.) or phone calls.
- There is an option to conduct remote observations, if practical. This is NOT required for COR 2021.
This audit can be conducted by an internal or external auditor.
- The minimum requirement for a maintenance audit is a documentation only audit. A minimum of any three months of health and safety documentation from the last 12-month period can be reviewed for this audit.
- Though not mandatory, remote interviews are encouraged.
- If practical, remote observations may be conducted; however, they are not required.
Feel free to contact Kasa Consulting for your COR auditing needs, or any further questions you may have regarding COR 2021!